Auditing under Commonwealth Greenhouse and Energy Programs
Clear Environment regularly conducts audits and assurance engagements under various Commonwealth Government programs.
We are active members of the panel to provide Greenhouse and Energy Audit Services to the Clean Energy Regulator (CER)
This prestigious appointment provides recognition of our expertise and experience.
Greg Loftus, one of the founders of Clear Environment, is a Category 1 and 2 Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditor and is authorised to lead audits and sign assurance reports that are required to be submitted to the CER. We also have a number of established relationships with other auditing firms that provides us with the capacity us to undertake large multi-site engagements.
Emission Reduction Fund (ERF) / Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI) Audits
Clear Environment has undertaken Audit Team Leader roles on more than 40 assurance engagements under the ERF and CFI. We have also undertaken peer review roles on more than 20 ERF / CFI assurance engagements. This means that we are one of the most experienced auditors in Australia under these programs.
To date, most of our experience has been under the following Methodologies:
- Native Forest Protection (avoided deforestation)
- Capture and combustion of methane in landfill gas from legacy waste
- Designated Verified Carbon Standard Projects
We are currently in discussion with clients on a number of other methodologies including the following:
- Reforestation and afforestation
- Land and sea transport
- Commercial and public lighting
Clear Environment has undertaken numerous NGERS audits for the CER and directly for industry. This includes audits of industrial and commercial facilities such as chemical plants, smelting operations and healthcare facilities.
Clear Environment has undertaken numerous NCOS audits for clients such as Western Water, Crown Melbourne and Cascade Brewery. Greg Loftus, one of the founders of Clear Environment, has also undertaken many audits under the predecessor schemes, Greenhouse Friendly and Greenhouse Challenge for companies such as Jetstar, BP, Origin Energy, Landcare and Greening Australia.
Auditing under State Government Greenhouse and Energy Programs
Clear Environment is an active participant in a number of State-based environmental programs as listed below. We are also pre-qualified with the NSW Government for the delivery of ‘Performance and Management Services’.
Clear Environment is a leading member of the ESS auditing panel. We regularly conduct audits under various methods including the following:
- Commercial lighting: we have audited more than 20 different Accredited Certificate Providers.
- Metered baseline method: including cement production, chemicals manufacturing, paper production, smelting, retailing and those in the hospitality industry.
- Sale of New Appliances: Clear Environment conducted of the first two audits under this method and continues to conduct audits under this method.
- Annual Energy Savings Statements: we conduct audits for a significant number of liable entities each year.Clear Environment was also an active member of the predecessor to the NSW Energy Savings Scheme – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Scheme (GGAS).
Clear Environment has been a long-standing member of the VEET auditing panel for the Victorian Essential Services Commission. We have also worked extensively under the REES. Experience includes:
- Scheme participant audits and reviews.
- Field audits of abatement providers and scheme participants.
- Annual Energy Acquisition Statement audits of a number of liable entities.
Clear Environment is currently engaged by the GreenPower Program Manager to undertake annual Tier 2 GreenPower audits in accordance with the GreenPower Program Rules.
We have also undertaken Tier 1 GreenPower audits for a large number of GreenPower providers.